Dream fish acquired!

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
Separate. Floating basket. Need to isolate for feeding along with possible mauling from adult Ray's. From research not personal experience obviously.

Reactions: JK47

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
JK47 JK47 should I separate the pup
Yes yes yes separate. It’s important that you do not let them out of the water when separating. If you can build a cheap floating tub that will be the easiest way to do it. Congrats!!

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Yes yes yes separate. It’s important that you do not let them out of the water when separating. If you can build a cheap floating tub that will be the easiest way to do it. Congrats!!
I’ll buy a floatin basket in a bit they all seem happy

Reactions: Matteus and JK47

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
JK47 JK47 justin how does this look? They seem much happier in the main system nothing seems to bother them

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
JK47 JK47 justin how does this look? They seem much happier in the main system nothing seems to bother them
Looks great! Make sure you have something tied on to the tub to keep it floating. Empty bottles with a cap can keep it upright. They will seem still and being safe but it’s way better than the alternative. I’ve lost pups leaving them in for only a couple hours.

Congrats again. I can see the mantilla blood in the pups. It’s strong

Reactions: Matteus and Dloks

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Looks great! Make sure you have something tied on to the tub to keep it floating. Empty bottles with a cap can keep it upright. They will seem still and being safe but it’s way better than the alternative. I’ve lost pups leaving them in for only a couple hours.

Congrats again. I can see the mantilla blood in the pups. It’s strong
Thanks Justin but I’m curious what’s the concern with seperating them. Everyone does it but they were fine no one messed with them till I moved them they look stressed

Reactions: Matteus

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Thanks Justin but I’m curious what’s the concern with seperating them. Everyone does it but they were fine no one messed with them till I moved them they look stressed
In my experience when pups are left with the two parents it can be hit or miss if they get mauled. Adult rays that aren’t the parents and the risk goes up significantly. It doesn’t take them being injured but after being chewed on they succumb to the stress.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store