Dream fish Wish List complete with fry

cichlidnut

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
MI
Rhoadsia altipinna has been on my dream list for over 25 years in that time I have only seen one it was a a 6 inch male that killed the others in the tank then he put it in a tank of cichlids and that beautiful fish what's a psycho it had pushed all the fish to one side of the tank I was coming back the next day to get him but the Belle Isle aquarium already purchased him my heart was broke 25 years later I had an opportunity to get some and not only did I get them I got them to breed I have a nice breeding commonly and I'm going to dedicate a quarter of my fish room to put this fish back in the hobby and keeping it there for a Tetra this fish is all cichlid if you can mix a bucktooth Tetra with a red Terror you will haveRhoadsia altipinna even the care for the fry is very similar to cichlids they are very personable and they are super Territorial and predatorial at the same time it's the best of Two Worlds and on top of that is a truly beautiful fish the true Holy Grail the savior of the hobby it brings together the piranha community Tetra community and the cichlid community all them qualities in this amazing fish1372308

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
That fish is crazy, I wouldn’t mind seeing these being more common.

Reactions: cichlidnut

cichlidnut

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
MI
It's truly an amazing fish I sit in my fish room entertained for hours just watching them

cichlidnut

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
MI
The picture in the first post supposed to be a video I can post pictures but I can't post my videos on here can someone tell me how to post videos it keep telling me that my link is bad but I do have a video up on my Facebook page at wuan cichlid fan Lee

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store