Drip System - chloramine

RemainVayne

Jack Dempsey
Original poster
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Real Name
Jordan
I'm looking to purchase a filter system for a Drip line. I've researched and also searched on this forum, but all of the old threads always recommended a kit from The Filter Guys, who seem to be out of business.

Are there any other all-in-one kits out there you guys have used?

markstrimaran

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
Real Name
mark
Occupation
retired oilfield diver, welding technician
I just happen to be at the hardware store. 15416962462013393124494714091561.jpg
Ice cube maker kit, will include the water main tap. I use a full house size, off a spigot in my basement.

Reactions: tlindsey

RemainVayne

Jack Dempsey
Original poster
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Real Name
Jordan

PYRU

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2015
Compton
I understand there are chloramine specific filters, but am looking for the right 3-stage (and cheap) that I can plug and play.
JK47 JK47
This would be the guy I'd shoot a pm to

I'm not sure on filter setup anymore. It's been too long since I looked at them

MadRussian79

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Where my fish swim
Occupation
Biomedical Engineer
I've had an old Ken Marine RO/DI system 4-stage. It clear everything but it wastes water. Not sure how bad a water bill you can swing or if your county will flip. You can buy some 3 or 4 stage RO/DI systems on amazon. You could purchase Mixed Resin DI kits but their effect on chloromine has been debated since I started. RO/DI systems have a lot more research to back them.

RemainVayne

Jack Dempsey
Original poster
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Real Name
Jordan
So can I use any 3 stage RO/DI setup and use a micron insert and 2 carbon inserts and be done?

I'm not familiar with this stuff, which is why I wanted a kit that came with all the filters, fittings, lines, connectors, and installation instructions.

squint

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
CO
I kept having chlorine breakthrough with 1-2 carbon stages on my RO/DI system. Went up to 5 catalytic carbon stages and it stopped. I had to test regularly with a low range total chlorine test to know when to change the carbon.

RemainVayne

Jack Dempsey
Original poster
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Real Name
Jordan
I kept having chlorine breakthrough with 1-2 carbon stages on my RO/DI system. Went up to 5 catalytic carbon stages and it stopped. I had to test regularly with a low range total chlorine test to know when to change the carbon.
So did you have 2 sediment filters and 3 carbons? Or... ?

Also, how long would the filters last before you needed to switch out your filters?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store