Drip with hang on overflow??

Slaymon

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
I really want to run the 350 on a constant drop bit drilling isnt an option. Can I use a hang in overflow or will the flow be to low?

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
I really want to run the 350 on a constant drop bit drilling isnt an option. Can I use a hang in overflow or will the flow be to low?
a pvc overflow or overflow box will work.
you have some options. pvc overflows without the clear tube on top. should be hooked up to an aqua lifter pump. as you will not be able to see air forming inside.
an overflow box usualy has a clear tube going over the aquariums edge. you may need to remove air from that tube from time to time. keep an eye on it.
theres also a pvc overflow design with a clear tube on top. you can see air accumulation with that design much like the overflow box.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I use this DIY overflow when rains overflow my sump.
IMG_2735.jpeg
The way it is designed, once primed, it is amazingly efficient, and stops and starts whenever water hits the right level.
Although the PVC on this is small bore, I have made larger versions, for heavier flow rates.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
I used PVC for the vertical parts and added 90 degree hose barbs, then used clear tubing for the horizontal section to see if/when air bubbles form.

Dead-pool

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2016
I was debating this concept for me
Pond. Great discussion and i’m definitely going to do it this way

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store