Dry foods

BiG~O

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2006
nj
whAT do you guys like?i was a bit turned off by the price of NEW LIFE, but the quality is AMAZING!!! tried the CICHLID GROW on a pair of pink con juvies(about 1 inch) they are almost 2" now and its only been about 2 weeks. I think new life has the goods on hikari. opinionS?
i have used wardley med pellets as an economical staple, plus hikari gold and bio gold to raise O's and Jags with awesome results, but im thinking New life is the king of dry foods now.

Monster VooDoo Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2005
What do your fish think, what food do they like the most?
I feed all sorts of pellets, my fish like the hikari carnivore sinking pellet the best over
hikari floating sticks or the new life 3mm.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
depending on the size of your cichlids, mine like HBH "Cichlid Attack" ( in fact everyone in the tank does) then the larger ones including my SD's prefer "Max Cat" gourmet classics, Salmon flavor.. It's dry cat food, doesn't seem to foul the tank and you break the pieces with your fingers for smaller cichlids. fish look great , they are growing like weeds during a spring rain..FWIW

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Omega1 all the way for my fishes:)

pheedbak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Chicago, IL
dry foods have come a long way but I wouldn't rely on them too much. Back in the day they were a convenience item for when you couldn't get a better source of food. Now it seems they are treated like a staple diet. Fish dont eat things like yeast and wheat germ in the wild. Just a thought...

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
I feed a combo of Tetra ciclid flakes, Hikari gold pellets, an various sinking pellets to my fish.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Lately I've been throwing some TetraMin tropical crisps into the mix of many other things I feed. Sinks pretty fast so the bottom dwellers appreciate it. Selling point is the spirulina and krill within.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store