Dwarf pike cichlids

The guy of fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi all, I have a 40 gallon and I want some dwarf pike cichlids, could they go in there? I have no experience with any pikes but the tank is full of artificial plants and natural looking decor. Can you guys give me some pointers on how to keep them.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yes, a 40g would work. Get a pair. Or get a group and will dwindle down to a pair. Would look at compressiceps. But compressiceps is more availabe. The decor will do fine. Believe still wild caught and from soft and acidic waters. Want to match that water with urs if able. Otherwise risk of hith etc. Require typical clean water like other fish. Will take flakes, pellets, tubifex and not too picky.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
They like to hide under things like a cave or flowerpot, hard to get in pellets, mostly will eat meaty foods. Will eat anything that can fit in it’s mouth. Not a difficult fish to take care of.

Reactions: tlindsey

The guy of fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2020
Ok maybe not on the dwarf pikes. What are your thoughts on other predatory fish able to go in this tank. Maybe even North American native fish

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Compressiceps would be better in at least a 48” tank. The other dwarves should be good though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store