Easiest Feeder Fish

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
not really. but im trying to make him more aggressive. i hear live feeding can contribute to more aggressiveness
K krichardson has a point and realistically in a 10g you wont be able to produce much to make it worth while. I would just focus on pellets

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
K krichardson has a point and realistically in a 10g you wont be able to produce much to make it worth while. I would just focus on pellets
10 gallons is too small. And risky

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
not really. but im trying to make him more aggressive. i hear live feeding can contribute to more aggressiveness
I'm no biologist but I doubt if that is true as dovii are already aggressive and territorial by nature,perhaps yours is still quite young and it hasn't displayed much yet but given time you will have a real beast on your hands.

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
I would get at least 20 gallons if you want to breed feeders. Easier on the maintinance. You could use the 10 to grow out a few fry in though from a different tank.

Platies are a good choice, you can keep them in lower temperatures. Since you want to avoid a heater, if your room temperature is around 75 I say go for guppies and convicts, They should be ok at that temp. Last year before I moved my dad forgot to put the heater back in on my guppy tank and they were thriving in the mid 60's, no idea how! Remember it takes them a while to grow though so they will be a treat only ever so often. A barebones 40 breeder with a bunch of livebearers would be a cool tank though, you could enjoy the community aspect while having a good way to dispose of all the babies. Haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store