EBA Eye injury

Denon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hi, my male EBA looks as though he has injured his eye and it appears to be fairly swollen. I have a few plastic plants in the tank to keep him from running my female to death and it looks like he has scrapped it on one of them. They are in a 75G with a rhino pleco. I do water changes once a week around 80%. Thinking I need to add some salt to help with the eye swelling. Any suggestions on what type of salt and how much should I use? I have Epsom salt on hand if that is recommended.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thinking I need to add some salt to help with the eye swelling. Any suggestions on what type of salt and how much should I use?
I suggest keeping the water in pristine condition and condition of the eye should improve. I personally wouldn't add salt to the aquarium.

Reactions: kno4te and Denon

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Can add epsom salt, 1tbsp per 5g.

Reactions: tlindsey and Denon
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com