EBJD help.

deuxe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2013
Brooklyn
Ok so like the thread before I purchased an EBJD from a lfs in Brooklyn very healthy active and the most aggressive of the bunch that was available. Had him for about a week before I had to transport him to my dorm. It was a 2 hr drive and had him in warm water with the car heating the bucket with hot air. When I get to campus I place him in my growout tank in my room and he was normal and being himself all piglike. The next day he started to just stay in one place sometimes moving around when bothered but I noticed he was not eating. The day after I see long clear poop no signs of bloat, but these poop cycles feel like they would just continually go on and on. I started using tetra parasite guard and aquarium salt with 86'F to see if it would get better. After 2 days of not feeding due to medication I tried using the pellets he loves and he wont go near or try eating it and the poop still keeps coming out. I am currently using a 10ml syringe with epsom salt and diluted food to try to force feed him but as soon as hes back in the tank he spits it out... Any ideas on what to do? My female bg gold jack dempsey is fine and eating like a pig no white poop or nothing and is much smaller than the EBJD.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
You might have better results if you posted this in the Fresh water disease section rather then the marine/brackish one. (This seems to be an ongoing problem with the app... as its the only time I've seen miss posted stuff in this section)

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?35-Freshwater-Diseases-and-Health-Issues

That said parasite is most likely, though bacterial is possible. In general your unlikely to see results that quickly after medicating (from my experience anyway). Are you dosing the tank with enough medication? Is your water quality good?

deuxe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2013
Brooklyn
Water quality is good, havent check parameters today. I have not seen them pooping or poop anywhere probably cause my hob filter sucks it up but they still dont eat.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store