Eel-watching...

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Watching little Anguilla rostrata juveniles in a greenwater window nano-tank hunt guppies in the back-lit gloom is kind'a... unnerving.
They're not good at it (yet?) but they are relentless, violent and wonderfully quicksilver fluid. I'm glad i'm not part of that food-chain... at least not today.

Will try to get a little video tomorrow.

BillyMaysChickenWings

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2020
Watching little Anguilla rostrata juveniles in a greenwater window nano-tank hunt guppies in the back-lit gloom is kind'a... unnerving.
They're not good at it (yet?) but they are relentless, violent and wonderfully quicksilver fluid. I'm glad i'm not part of that food-chain... at least not today.

Will try to get a little video tomorrow.
Sounds super neat, can't wait to see

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Guppies are probably too big for the eels to catch at this size. Maybe try small pieces of food. How many do you have and where did you catch them?

Reactions: tlindsey

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Not wrong, they were catching the juveniles (that I saw) and a few males were missing tail-chunks.
They've since both discovered that the kibble bits were not just guppy-bait, but edible unto themselves - so they're fat & the sport's done.
The bigger eel should be big enough to earn herself a tank-upgrade before Xmas. Let's see how she fills out.

Reactions: spotfin
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store