Eheim 2260 question ?

Aqua_Bankie

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2018
Glasgow
Picked up a Eheim 2260 , have used all the previous classic's but this is my first 2260.

the setup appears straight forward, apart from I can't fathom out the use for this little green thingy !

any ideas ?

22601.jpg

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Picked up a Eheim 2260 , have used all the previous classic's but this is my first 2260.

the setup appears straight forward, apart from I can't fathom out the use for this little green thingy !

any ideas ?

View attachment 1395711
I currently have two 2260 and one 2262 running and have never seen that green thing. But then again ive bought all three cannisters used. Two of them are probably 20 years old.

Reactions: Aqua_Bankie

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
The green thingy is not part of any Eheim filter that I have seen so maybe the seller threw in some other stuff he had laying around.
What else did you get with this purchase?

Aqua_Bankie

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2018
Glasgow
The green thingy is not part of any Eheim filter that I have seen so maybe the seller threw in some other stuff he had laying around.
What else did you get with this purchase?
It was only the 2260 I purchased brand new unopened this was in the box ??

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
It was only the 2260 I purchased brand new unopened this was in the box ??
Maybe it's the connector for between the intake pipe and the intake strainer? I don't remember the parts being that shade of green but they are a green color.

All my Eheim 2260/62 are at least 10 years old so maybe there has been a color change.

I didn't realize you bought the filter new so a dry fit of any hard parts may help you figure it out as the instruction manual is a bit difficult to follow sometimes.

Aqua_Bankie

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2018
Glasgow
Maybe it's the connector for between the intake pipe and the intake strainer? I don't remember the parts being that shade of green but they are a green color.

All my Eheim 2260/62 are at least 10 years old so maybe there has been a color change.

I didn't realize you bought the filter new so a dry fit of any hard parts may help you figure it out as the instruction manual is a bit difficult to follow sometimes.
Ahhh nice one ill check that out and try it, like yourself my other Eheims are 10yrs+ and i can't remember ever having to add this part or similar to any 2217/ 2215 .

will try that tomorrow and report back

Reactions: deeda

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Glad to hear that's what it was!!

If you haven't already seen Monster canister set up, there are quite a few good tips on setting the filter up AND rotating the pump so the outlet is on the side instead of up; you will have to 'lose' the cover though. ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store