Eheim 2262 microbubbles

Sub-Mariner

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
Florida
I'm currently cycling my tank with a brand new Eheim 2262. I've noticed since day 1 maybe 4-5 2mm bubbles that would keep getting pushed down by the spraybar and would just constantly go up and down but never pop. I have rocks from universalrocks so I just assumed they were being released from the rocks.

I googled micro bubbles and those definitely weren't that small but to rule out hose I re-ran all new hose. About a week ago I still had the bubbles so I lifted up the rocks thinking maybe air was trapped but no bubbles were released. As of today I still have those same 4-5 bubbles that just won't pop but about 3 days ago I noticed my tank was getting cloudy, it use to be crystal clear. I just though it was a bacterial bloom since I'm cycling the tank but this morning when looking closer they look like micro bubbles.

It hard to show them clearly when recording them so for what it's worth here's a video.

I just tore down the filter and removed ALL of the gaskets that connect the pump to the elbow and the elbow to the canister body and put on all new gaskets and put a thin layer of petroleum jelly around them. Before tearing it down the gaskets appeared to be sealing fine and they were brand new so I doubt that was the cause.

I originally bought 2 FX6s but both had a terrible motor hum so I went with the 2262. The 2262 is just as quiet as my FX5s but now I have micro bubbles?!

How long does it take for the micro bubbles to dissipate if the gaskets were the cause? If the new gaskets don't solve the problem what else can it be? I don't want to keep messing with the filter and disturbing the BB since I'm cycling.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store