eheim pro3 xl1200

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
managed to get 2 eheim pro3 xl1200 one a 2080 and the other 2180 got them cheap the 2080 as broken has a broken primer button I intend to service them replace seals and impellors . I noticed it was really difficult to release the inlet outlet tap the red button would not budge. managed to release them without breaking anything . I had the same problem last week with my pro4 plus 350 where I thought something would break, was wondering what is causing this issue and is there a solution did try some silicone grease which did seem to improve things a little was wondering if there is a fix for this issue as it seems to affect the pro3 and pro4+ filters.

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
interested to know as well as that is my same problem. i have a few 2080 and 2180 running in my tanks and most of the time the release part gets stuck. i have broken 1 as i forced it. what i do now is just take off the entire head unit by unclipping the 4 flaps from the main bucket. sometimes i get lucky with the release pin but most of the time i give up.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
well i put some silicone grease om the red release mechanism I also put some on the ring seals on the inlet oullet tap and some on the release leaver where it locks with the head it has improved quite a bit but this shouldnt happen my pro 4 plus 350 is less than a year old and had the problem yes but try what I did.

Reactions: deeda

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
well I have done a full service on the 2180 replaced impellor and shaft all the seals and service indicator and priming button should be good to go will put it on my 300 lt tank I have partly serviced the 2080 but will keep it as a back up filter as it is too big to fit into roma tank cabinet did a search on what leaks on this model so replaced all the seals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store