Electric blue jack dempsey male breeding with Blue/Gold gene female wild color.

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
These are a few of the Gold and wild blue/gold genes i have in the 40 breeder. There's a a lot! The wild colors i have to get a clean photo of them, because their pearls are amazing and they have double black spots on the body.

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
Sorry for the delay! Had the male electric blue pass away. The female hated the fact that he was more interested in going to the divider. Trying to entertain the Ebjd female on the other side and took him out. While she was attending the eggs, by the way wasn't fertilized. He was just a tad bigger then her and i do have a grow out batch from them prior to the clutch that didn't get fertilized. With that being said, soon i will upload pic's of this Ebjd he was interested in and the amazing pearled out female from my Platinum and B/G wild female. Going for a galaxy type look. The Ebjd female is with a larger Gold B/G from a grow out batch, so i'm hoping for something explosive to happen with that future clutch. I go for amazing color so wish me luck.

Reactions: Jexnell

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
I'll try to get the Ebjd female to come out later she likes to hide unless eating. She's in the first photo. Now lend me some help on the second and third picture please! Is it a female or male, i was leaning on male. The second photo it a bit blurry, but do show the spectrum of color when the light embrace the fish. The third same fish closer to the light.

B56A9FBC-EE7B-41A2-80F3-5533E7B9E133.jpeg

46DB5561-6A9C-405A-9BBD-C5582AE3A120.jpeg

25156C1B-5EFC-495C-8415-9EA49526DAAB.jpeg

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
My guess with the problem of growing out the babies is the diet. You are feeding them nothing but fat and a little protein (very little) id suggest getting them on a pellet or flake of quality as soon as they will except it. In the mean time id switch to mysis or small krill if possible maybe daphnia if too small for the others. Live black or white worms would be better nutrition also. Good luck id like to see some pics of these interesting color morphs! I like jds but from afar.

Reactions: d033ie

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
The wild and the gold from the batch you're speaking about twentyleaques are doing fantastic. It was the electrics and the platinum dempseys, that had the problem. I started with hatched brine, then moved to crushed pellets. The EB and Plat's refused many things. Granted i had a few that did survive. As you can see in the photo the small wild G/B dempseys and the golds look very good. So the diet i had them on and the one's that accepted it did very well. I will try some of the mysis shrimp. I picked some up today before reading your're post . I have so many different foods here i should run a small shop, lmao. I also had the problem when i moved them to a newly cycled tank. So maybe a problem happened there and thank you for the information.

Last edited:
Reactions: twentyleagues

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
Some updated photos of the electric female and the colorful B/G gene colorful male. Might try him with hr rather then the gold grow out i have. Both still need to play catch up with her to even compete. I do know it's better to start the male smaller with EB females. Because the EB female weak genetics. Will get the fry photos up from the other pair . They're roughly Three weeks in. IMG_7647.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7639.jpg

IMG_7646.jpg

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Some updated photos of the electric female and the colorful B/G gene colorful male. Might try him with hr rather then the gold grow out i have. Both still need to play catch up with her to even compete. I do know it's better to start the male smaller with EB females. Because the EB female weak genetics. Will get the fry photos up from the other pair . They're roughly Three weeks in. View attachment 1369698

View attachment 1369695

View attachment 1369696

View attachment 1369697
Nice fish!

Reactions: d033ie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store