Electric Eel deworm

NickT818

Feeder Fish
Jan 21, 2020
Hello all! This is my first post here so I’m not really sure how to utilize this forum, hopefully doing it properly

I’ve kept fish for awhile but this is my first venture into monster fish, even though it’s still a baby at the time. I purchased a “fingerling” size electric eel after as much research as I could find available. I’m primarily a reptile keeper and fairly uninformed on the process of deworming fish. With reptiles I typically reserve deworming as a last resort, as it can wreak havoc on their immune system, but with WC fish it seems to be heavily recommended. I was directed to this forum from a trusted friend who said you guys would be able to help me figure out which medication is right for my electric eel. I want to do right by him and since he’s been eating vigorously and otherwise acting completely healthy and sociable, I would rather medicate now if needed than wait until he takes a turn for the worst

Reactions: Chicxulub

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Welcome to the forum! Good to have you.

duanes duanes , tlindsey tlindsey , kno4te kno4te ; any advice on quarantine dosing? I'm out of my element with this.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d just quarantine the eel for now. No treatment and just monitor it’s behavior. Meaning it shows interest in food, actual eating and swimming etc. Small e-eels are very sensitive and don’t see many in the hobby. Only large specimens seem to make it for sale.

NickT818

Feeder Fish
Jan 21, 2020
I’d just quarantine the eel for now. No treatment and just monitor it’s behavior. Meaning it shows interest in food, actual eating and swimming etc. Small e-eels are very sensitive and don’t see many in the hobby. Only large specimens seem to make it for sale.
He’s for sure acting normal! Eats like a champ, even taken it out of hand a couple times. He’s definitely quarantined

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store