EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
A turtles with that bad of an injury to the shell is like a human with a broken neck/spine. I think euthanasia is the best you can do.

Co2 would probably be one of the most humane ways.
A broken neck/spine without a hospital or a doctor. Idk why, but suffocation seems like the worst way to go.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Updates Rtc/tsn Rtc/tsn ?

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Updates Rtc/tsn Rtc/tsn ?
He passed away the other night. After soaking until most of the maggots were off I used tweezers to remove the big clumps of maggots and about 5 minutes after I finished getting them all of he just stopped movies and went all limp. I did all I could but I still can’t believe he didn’t make it. I’m just happy I gave him a more comfortable place to pass away than in my back yard being chewed up by my dogs.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
He passed away the other night. After soaking until most of the maggots were off I used tweezers to remove the big clumps of maggots and about 5 minutes after I finished getting them all of he just stopped movies and went all limp. I did all I could but I still can’t believe he didn’t make it. I’m just happy I gave him a more comfortable place to pass away than in my back yard being chewed up by my dogs.
You are a great person for all you did for the turtle.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
You are a great person for all you did for the turtle.
You really are. I can’t believe you persisted with maggots. If he died, he had an underlying condition (i.e something that had him being chewed by dogs. Maybe hit by a car and fractured the skull, or some other internal injury). You did as much as you could. Good job :)

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
You really are. I can’t believe you persisted with maggots. If he died, he had an underlying condition (i.e something that had him being chewed by dogs. Maybe hit by a car and fractured the skull, or some other internal injury). You did as much as you could. Good job :)
Thank you and yea I think he had been hit by a car causing the initial damage and cracks and then my dogs chewing on him I bet made it so that their teeth were able to get under the shell where it was broken causing organ damage. I’m sad that he passed but man do I not miss those maggots

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store