~Emperor 400 filter media ideas~

v3n0m

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Mt. Olive, NC
Ive had 2 emp 400s on my new tank for about 2 weeks now and i was just wandering what i could use for media. if any of you own these then your familiar that they come with 2 media containers. i bought a big bag of filter fiber from my lfs for like 5 bucks so i figured id try stuffing some of that in there when ever its time for a switch (atm im using activated carbon in the media containers. im new to this so if that wont work please let me know. I was also looking at the filters that came with it and the spare ones i bought. There is like a blue filtering material attached to a piece of pretty firm black plastic with carbon between the two that is originally intended to be used with the emp400. I was thinking that maybe i could cut this blue material off and be left with the firm piece of plastic, then, taking some kind of material and attatching it or wrapping it to the black piece as an inexpensive alternative to marinelands replacements. Any ideas? marinelands replacements really dont cost that much but im just trying to save where i can ya know. Thnx in advance!

v3n0m

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Mt. Olive, NC
worm2925;3978420; said:
i put pot scrubbers in my emp 400
in the container? do you use the marineland filters as well or just the pot scrubbers in the containers?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store