Euro Cup

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Did anybody watch the euro cup? Originally, I was rooting for Poland, because I speak polish and I am part Polish, but they got knocked out, then Belgium, because I’ve always liked them. Then, in the final, England. But it was so frustrating. That goal in the second minute by Shaw, amazing. But missing 3 penalty shots, and 2 from the guys who are good at penalties? Ridiculous!

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Did anybody watch the euro cup? Originally, I was rooting for Poland, because I speak polish and I am part Polish, but they got knocked out, then Belgium, because I’ve always liked them. Then, in the final, England. But it was so frustrating. That goal in the second minute by Shaw, amazing. But missing 3 penalty shots, and 2 from the guys who are good at penalties? Ridiculous!
Gonna assume you mean soccer? Not a big fan of it but more interestingly, you speak polish? Can you teach me some lol. I know English, Canadian French and can probably think of a few sentences in Spanish and maybe Portuguese

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think the manager from England might have to answer some question as I believe all 3 or at least two of the misses came from players subbed right at the end of the game. Not sure I agree with having a teenager kick last either.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Gonna assume you mean soccer? Not a big fan of it but more interestingly, you speak polish?
Yes and yes.
Can you teach me some lol. I know English, Canadian French and can probably think of a few sentences in Spanish and maybe Portuguese
‘Czesc‘ is ‘hi’ in polish. I also know a bit of Spanish, and am learning German. Oh, I also know English.
Not sure I agree with having a teenager kick last either.
Bukayo Saka is actually a really good player. I was surprised he missed that.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
I know he is a good player. He is still a teenager on a huge stage and the last kicker to boot.
Definitely pressure on him. Shouldn’t put that much pressure on such a young player. Sterling should’ve been last - he’s so reliable. I think it should’ve gone Kane, Saka, Grealish, Sancho, Sterling

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
When Luke Shaw scored early I thought it would be a good nerve settler for England and that they'd go on to win the game in normal time.

It was always at the back of my mind though that the Italians are on a 30 odd game unbeaten run going back to 2018. When they equalised I knew our chance had gone.

And when any game involving England goes to penalties, well we never do too well.

Redshark1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Yes England lost but I still enjoyed the game it was fascinating. The first two penalty takers, both named Harry, dispatched their penalties conventionally and emphatically but we had no more players capable of this. Italy missed a penalty first making it a golden opportunity for England but they messed up by missing three in a row.

The first of these could have been brilliant but was too clever for the taker Rashford to properly execute under pressure and the next two were simply not accurate enough although the goalkeeper did well.

In general play, Italy apply a lot of pressure, although much of it involves foul play. England did not carry enough threat on the break to get the much needed second goal. Italy were lucky to get their equalising goal as the goalkeeper might have pushed it round the post instead of onto the post but their pressure and domance of possession deserved reward.

Italy was the best team in the competition. England were surprisingly good. Spain had much more possession than England against Italy but also lost to them on penalties. Belgium are another good team eliminated by Italy. France, Portugal and Germany disappointed.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Italy did play very dirty, and I feel the ref should’ve called some fouls against them - at least 2 penalties on Chiellini.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Good game 'til the end. I hate when a good game ends up being decided by penalty shots which don't reflect the quality of either team.
I did not have a favorite, but am happy for Italy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store