F1 Santa Isabel and Wild Altums

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Hey all. I acquired some F1 Santa Isabel angels along with some wild altum rio Orinoco angels recently and wanted to start a thread on them. The Santa Isabel’s, I have had for a few months now and are extremely easy to care for and eat like crazy. They are quite active as well. I got very lucky and got a group of wild altums from my local fish store who gets really nice stock and much more hard to find type fish and had these wild altums acclimated to his tap water which is even harder than mine, so they’re doing extremely well and are probably the most energetic and active altums I’ve ever had so I have high hopes for them. I will be making a video this week on the fish. Would like to add some schooling fish but have to be on the larger size since I have an aqua decor background and fish like cardinal Tetras tend to get behind the background then leading to death. I hope everyone is well!

Reactions: Fallen_Leaves16

Mazan

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2022
Just wondering how your altums are doing? They look very good. I have just ordered some, never kept them before. What temperature do you keep them at? I am currently raising my tank temperature to 29C as that is how they are being kept at the moment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store