Fahaka eating

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Thats good, pellets tend to give a good all round diet and nightcrawlers can really help them put some weight on...

Reactions: tlindsey

Kyel3840

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2017
Yeah he chews the pellets up. He goes crazy for those carnivore pellets. I was really suprised

Reactions: tlindsey

NYfisherkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2018
Thats good, pellets tend to give a good all round diet and nightcrawlers can really help them put some weight on...
I recently started feeding my 5 month old fahaka some guppy fry along with the snails and such. I've noticed he'll take a snail, realize there are guppies, chase the guppies, and then back to the snails. I'm wondering if these fully quarantined liverbearers are a lucrative food source along with a crunchy diet? An alternative to worms if you will.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Fish really isnt optimal for these guys, there is potential thiamine problems in the long run plus the fact fahakas arent normally piscivores...

Earthworms is a great way to put some weight on them intially but most will agree a crunchy diet supplemented with a good pellet is all you really need...

Then earthworms etc can be used as the ocassional treat if you want to spoil your puffer...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store