Fahaka Puffer Hunting

Gorillawill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2019
Man what fish are in there with him? Mine is pretty chill but when something goes to explore near him they never are seen whole again!!

Reiner

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Mine learned over time just to go to the body of the crayfish and he would bite off the entire tail section. He would then proceed to eat the tail and when he was done the front part had died off so he could eat that as well without having to worry about the pinchers. Fun fish to own.

Gorillawill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2019
Have you found anything that can coexist in there with him yet I’m still experimenting it’s starting to get a little expensive

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Have you found anything that can coexist in there with him yet I’m still experimenting it’s starting to get a little expensive
99% of fahakas will not really allow for long term tankmates to be very honest!

From passed experience once they reach around 9-12” they can start getting aggressive towards tankmates as they learn that they are the boss...

Infact, i’ve even heard of 10+ year old fahaks who lived witb tankmates all their life, turning on tankmates over night killing everyone in sight...

So if you want a puffer of any sort, you should expect it to be a solo wet pet, coz even the friendliest of them (C.Asellus or T.schoutedeni which can somewhat be kept together) can be nippy towards tankmates...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store