Fahaka Puffer with African Lungfish

tanharold

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Philippines
Hey guys! I know that this question is so repetitive with regards to fahaka puffers with their tankmates and that they are extremely aggresive. Ive tried placing tiger barbs with the puffer, though the puffer couldn't chase them, it stressed him out a lot due to their extremely active behavior. I just want to know if there is a chance or has anyone tried keeping a fahaka puffer with a lungfish? Thanks so much guys

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Two fish with huge dentition and murky reputations around tankmates to put it lightly, I assume this is your 110G tank from your signature? I would pass. Have never heard of that combo being made

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I would presume the lungfish would be a sitting target for the fahaka depending on that particular puffers personality (especially if the tank is small)...

So agree with the others its probably not worth risking it unless you have a very large tank with lots of hiding spaces (in which case still might not work) and a second tank thats ready to go as a backup if anything goes south between the two...

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store