Fahaka Tank Build

diver63748

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2019
Vancouver Island
Thank you all for the opinions. I have spoken to the shop I am buying from and the Fahaka will be recieved on Jan 17th, then the shop does a one week quarantine and IP treatment before I can buy them anyway. So I will be getting my puffer on Jan 25th. Very excited. I picked up a bunch of apple snails on the weekend as well as some giant ramshorns. I hope the ramshorns (giant ramshorns being sexually dimorphic) will be proven to be a pair at least (hopefully 2 pairs as i bought 4) soon. I am going to pick up a few more soon to try and make a pair guaranteed.

I might also put in a revolving order every couple weeks for some snails from a local shop to supplement what I can breed, obtain from other hobbyists and other foods I will be feeding.

I am so excited for the fahaka to finally come home. I think I have decided on Sobek as a name, which depending on your search is related to the Egypian god of the Nile.

Cheers

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Sounds like you got a decent plan laid out for your puffer, so he/she should be quite the happy camper...

diver63748

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2019
Vancouver Island
My local fish store has received a couple baby fahakas, they were much smaller than expected. The babies were supposed to come in at the 2-3 inch range however they are more like 1 inch. They have been through a quarantine for about 5 days now. I will be bringing him home later today and will place him in my 20 long for another 2-3 weeks where i will be fattening him up with baby marbled crays, blood worms and mysis shrimp before placing him in his 180 gallon forever home. Pics once I pick him up today.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
My local fish store has received a couple baby fahakas, they were much smaller than expected. The babies were supposed to come in at the 2-3 inch range however they are more like 1 inch. They have been through a quarantine for about 5 days now. I will be bringing him home later today and will place him in my 20 long for another 2-3 weeks where i will be fattening him up with baby marbled crays, blood worms and mysis shrimp before placing him in his 180 gallon forever home. Pics once I pick him up today.
You’re going to have one happy puffer by the sound of things... so good luck with your new acquisition and be sure to post pics...

Reactions: Dovii kid
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store