Feeding Amounts.

irishrover

Feeder Fish
Sep 28, 2020
Hello. I have a 9 inch Silver Arawana and am wondering just how much I should feed him. I have him on pellets and freeze dried shrimp right now. Should I just feed him until he is no longer interested in food or? Seems like he can never get enough but I’m afraid of overfeeding him. I have heard to feed him small amounts three times a day at this size but I’m not even sure about that. Like I said, he will eat everything I put in there. I sure don’t want to starve him. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello. I have a 9 inch Silver Arawana and am wondering just how much I should feed him. I have him on pellets and freeze dried shrimp right now. Should I just feed him until he is no longer interested in food or? Seems like he can never get enough but I’m afraid of overfeeding him. I have heard to feed him small amounts three times a day at this size but I’m not even sure about that. Like I said, he will eat everything I put in there. I sure don’t want to starve him. Thank you for any advice you can give me.
I fed a Silver at that size once a day but now and then if I was near the aquarium I would toss in a treat. Feed at your Silver what it will eat in a couple of minutes or until you notice a slight bulge in its stomach. They are very good beggars lol.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I fed a Silver at that size once a day but now and then if I was near the aquarium I would toss in a treat. Feed at your Silver what it will eat in a couple of minutes or until you notice a slight bulge in its stomach. They are very good beggars lol.
Welcome Aboard!

irishrover

Feeder Fish
Sep 28, 2020
Hello and thank you for your post. And yes, this is the first one I’ve ever owned and you are most definitely right about them being good baggers LOL I will follow your advice. Thank you very much.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store