Feeding Motoro Stingray

Sam000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
Hi,
I’m new to owning a stingray. I’ve bought a Motoro stingray and was wondering about what foods to feed her. She’s 6 months old.
mum looking for shrimps. I’ve found ( from the local supermarket) raw shrimps but they’ve been soaked in salt and water. I was just wondering whether these could be used if thoroughly washed? Or are they dangerous for a freshwater motoro???

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi,
I’m new to owning a stingray. I’ve bought a Motoro stingray and was wondering about what foods to feed her. She’s 6 months old.
mum looking for shrimps. I’ve found ( from the local supermarket) raw shrimps but they’ve been soaked in salt and water. I was just wondering whether these could be used if thoroughly washed? Or are they dangerous for a freshwater motoro???
Did you ask who you got the Motoro from what they were feeding the Ray. I'm not sure about the raw shrimp question.

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
U should find out what they were feeding it at the store like tlindsey said. The shrimp is fine, no problem there. If it doesn't eat it cut up into small pieces, most any pup will go for chopped up nightcrawlers.

Sam000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
Thank for the replies. Really appreciated! Yes she ate tubifex and bloodworms, but she will eat the blood worms and not the tubifex. I was just a little worried that the shrimp having salt it might have a bad affect on the Motoro.

Reactions: tlindsey

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Thank for the replies. Really appreciated! Yes she ate tubifex and bloodworms, but she will eat the blood worms and not the tubifex. I was just a little worried that the shrimp having salt it might have a bad affect on the Motoro.
If she’s 6 months old Definetly go for something more nutritious then blood worms they’ll just make her fussy towards other foods. Varied diet of pellets and different meaty foods shrimp, muscles, smelts etc.

Siso

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Israel
First of all make sure what he ate at the store (also hope you saw the same food before you bought).

I would feed the stingray a variety of things like worms, fish from the supermarket cut into small cubes (not every fish of course) and shrimp.

Reactions: Caveden
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store