Feeding red wrigglers?

nintri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2006
Canada
I have been offered a red wriggler culture by a relative who uses the waste for fertilizer and takes some worms out for the compost bin as the culture reproduces.

I understand that they are a little smaller than earthworms. They sit in a tray of newspaper and you throw in fruit scraps.

Would these be safe and nutritious to culture and feed to my rays?

skillzizzo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2007
Mesa - Arizona
nintri;672534;672534 said:
I have been offered a red wriggler culture by a relative who uses the waste for fertilizer and takes some worms out for the compost bin as the culture reproduces.

I understand that they are a little smaller than earthworms. They sit in a tray of newspaper and you throw in fruit scraps.

Would these be safe and nutritious to culture and feed to my rays?
Hey man they would deffinetly love to snack on them i just would advice you clean them off really well if i'm understanding you correctly that there being used for composting with red worms are easy to take care of you can feed them anything i would recamend that you don't use compost worms to feed instead put them in there own container with a 50% misture of peet moss and horse manure so it is only so wet that if you squeze a hand full of dirt only a couple of drops of water comes out and put turnips or pieces of apple in with them what that does is just give them a source for water them will drink the liquids out of the vegies or fruit manily anything green is good for them but lettuce and stuff like that rots to quickly also you can put corn meal on top of there soil and litely pray it with water and they will devore that to only put enough that they will eat in one to two days you'll soon figure out what that is anyways good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store