Feeding very small Bichirs (3")

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
^^ good call :\ they were soaked in water for a while before i put them into the canister do you think that would have hurt them? i'll figure out a better way to feed em but at least they have some food in their stomachs now so i dont have to worry about them starving

Moloch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2010
Raleigh, NC
They can go for quite a while without food, so don't let them scare you OR intimidate you into over feeding :p

I'll have to see if I can find some frozen chicken liver, I'm sure a grocery store has it...do I need to worry about it being processed? I have noticed that my sen's have lumps in their stomachs...is that normal for a growing bichir, or is it a sign of too much freeze-dried food? They still seem happy...

Heh...my wife is already annoyed that I have about 6 or 7 different types of fish food...when she sees me start getting raw meat for them she's going to flip:nilly:

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
Moloch;4526305; said:
Damn, mine didn't even look twice at the feeder goldfish I tried to add a while back. The JD took one then I decided it was a bad idea and took the other two out:screwy:

Maybe its because they came from petsmart and probably never really had live feeders?
yeah mine came from a pet store they where not the big they look thin I think the reason is because he never got pellet because of the other bichir he was in with. :(

BlipE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2019
Curious, can fish actually "choke" to death? Would this be by suffocation or what? I figured it wouldn't be since they breath through their gills? Not trying to hijack your thread just got me thinking
Yes u can choke a fish if u hold him in a strong current by his tail for long enough his gills cant work then, so it mayb possible to choke on something big but i hope the fish isn't that dumb

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store