FH coloring vers enviorment question.

BlackTopKing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Summerville, SC
I know it may sound silly to ask, but i have see with my other cichlids that in different enviorments the colors may change...I have had yelllow go to white and blue to yellow...(no lie) simply due to me moving them into another tank.

I understand some fish try to blend so a bright fish in a dark tank will darken, but is this actual fact...

I have a FH who is like 4-5" now, got him at 1.5 who had alot of red and pink base with dark blue spots with a light out line. the thank he is in now has natural rock and gravel with fake plants Green "DUH" but the Large stones- are a blueish gray- now i like the set up and really dont want to tear it apart and throw red gravel down but i have notice he has darkened and seems to be starting to carry more of a greyish color, Maybe cause of the large rock....

So my question is the color change fact and what could i do too bring back the great colors he had before....maybe white gravel to make it brighter?

Any ideals would be a help, and if anyone did anything special for color reasons allow what were they?

vietkidlovefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2007
texas
yah... i use white rock like one of those rock you use for the garden .. it bright my FH or check you ph levelit might be that... that is the lowes grade FH i got it use to look like your but turn out weird huh? all pink or purple

ma FH 5.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store