FH not interested in earthworm

tenshi032

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2017
Hi guys,

Just curious if any of your fish is not interested in eating earthworm? I am currently feeding pellet food for my FH, and want to change their food to earthworm, but seems like my FH isnt interested in it.

The moment i put in the earthworm, my FH swim away, seems not interested in eating it. But when i put the earthworm into my tank of Blood Parrots, they eat it within secs.

Any advice on how to change the diet of my FH to take earthworm instead. Appreciate all helps!

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Why would you want your FH to eat only earthworms? Pellet is probably a healthier diet.

Reactions: islandguy11

tenshi032

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2017
a LFS recommended earthworm as they would be able to buff up my FH, so would like to try feeding it live worm.

so confused should i continue with the pellet foods or completely give up on changing it's diet

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
My knifefish also dislike earthworms for some reason. Maybe try purging the worms in a moist container with paper towel for 24 hrs and throw them in with a pellet or two. Maybe this will invoke interest :)

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
If he is eating the pellets happily, and will eat a lot of them, then sticking with what he likes is probably better than attempting to switch him to something that he doesn't seem interested in. As pellets are more balanced anyway, I would just offer him more of the pellets.

appak

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2014
toronto
staying on pellets is the easiest and possibly best idea.

if you do insist on switching it over to earthworms, you may need to starve it.

also, feed the earthworms the pellets that the fish is currently eating - at least this way it should get the extra nutrition from the pellets as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store