Fig. 8 Puffer not eating

Cesarj952

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2016
Okay so I got this little guy yesterday from petco. He was with Sony other fish was really cool so I purchased him. he was not in brackish water when I purchased him but my setup is. I was a little worried throughout the night but he made it through and looks good. Any way my issue is he won't eat. I'm not sure when they last fed him but today I went and got 3 ghost shrimp 3 small snails and small nerite snail to see which would he like beat. He hast given any of them one glance. I tried waving one of the snails in front of him and nothing. I just turned the light off to see if maybe he will unwind and make himself at home. The light was complete off last night as well.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Just give the puffer a little more time to acclimate, possibly a little stressed from change fresh to brackish. If your other parameters are good I would not worry.

Reactions: Cesarj952

Cesarj952

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2016
Just give the puffer a little more time to acclimate, possibly a little stressed from change fresh to brackish. If your other parameters are good I would not worry.
My partner said the same thing. He looks nice and healthy. The only other issue I have and I am not too sure how worried I should but his tail fin looks really jagged. Is their medication I can put in the tank for this?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My partner said the same thing. He looks nice and healthy. The only other issue I have and I am not too sure how worried I should but his tail fin looks really jagged. Is their medication I can put in the tank for this?
He probably was nipped by a tank mate possibly another puffer. The tail fin will recover maybe not perfect.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Lol thank you. I seen a lot of helpful tips and forums on here and I always have questions so I decided to join.
Wonderful forum with members who have lots of knowledge and experience. I'm still learning lol.

Cesarj952

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2016
He probably was nipped by a tank mate possibly another puffer. The tail fin will recover maybe not perfect.
He does have what I believe are scars on one of his sides. May have gotten them sometime before I purchased them. They made me want him even more. So I'm sure he's been bullied.

Reactions: tlindsey

Cesarj952

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2016
He does have what I believe are scars on one of his sides. May have gotten them sometime before I purchased them. They made me want him even more. So I'm sure he's been bullied.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store