Feeder Fish
Oct 23, 2020
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hey guys, noticed some fin rot/ damage on my flagtail. Not sure if it’s fin rot as it hasn’t progressed or recovered in 2/3 weeks. He’s in the tank with an aggressive indonesian tiger fish which I suspect is dishing some damage as I wake up some mornings to a few loose scales but nothing serious. Don’t want to unnecessarily treat the tank so would like some second opinions if it’s fin rot. Thanks a bunch!207DF7C3-F1FC-4056-9FBC-46D9EA9BD483.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The Flagtail will never heal because the Datnoid will continue to harass it. Btw doesn't look like fin rot. I recommend rehoming the Flagtail.

Reactions: kno4te

blaze3011

Feeder Fish
Oct 23, 2020
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I’ll try to leave it in for a bit more as I’ve only got 4 fish in a 350G. Will try to add some decorations as distractions as it’s a bare bottom tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store