Final attempt

ILOVESHARKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2021
Malaysia
Today, I bought my last albino iridescent shark, decide to release to my pond, my pond has 2 oscars, 3-4 silver barbs, 1 sultan fish and some kois, I think no fish will hurt him, oscars has almost the same size as himWhatsApp Image 2022-05-24 at 7.56.45 PM.jpeg

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Salton is one of the common names under which Brachyplatistoma capapretum is sometimes sold in the USA, which is a predatory catfish and its size relative to the size of the IDS determines the chances of a successful predatory attack or even a try.

What species are the fish you are calling "silver barbs"?

Equal length oscars to the IDS length would concern me a little bit too because IDS is a long and thin fish but oscars are beefier.

ILOVESHARKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2021
Malaysia
Salton is one of the common names under which Brachyplatistoma capapretum is sometimes sold in the USA, which is a predatory catfish and its size relative to the size of the IDS determines the chances of a successful predatory attack or even a try.

What species are the fish you are calling "silver barbs"?

Equal length oscars to the IDS length would concern me a little bit too because IDS is a long and thin fish but oscars are beefier.
the sultan fish i called is L.Rubripinna, Silver barbs are Barbonymus Gonionotus

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
If these two kinds of cyprinids are of comparable size to the IDS, I'd think chances are the IDS is safe, as long as everyone is not hungry. These cyprinids - red fin cigar sharks and silver / java barbs - can be opportunistic and if hungry may attack the little, fragile, skittish, and vulnerable IDS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store