FINALLY...An ATF

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Good afternoon. Pretty exciting day for me, finally got an atf. Ive wanted an ATF for many years. I picked him up from my LFS today after falling for the guy last week. What sold me on this guy is he's a looker and smashes carnisticks. He is also very bold for what I expected, he rushes the tank when I walk up. I'm not the greatest on ID these guys. I'm leaning towards FATF?

SSJ Crit

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2018
Nice!!! Happy for you!

That looks a lot like my medium ATF that I talked about in my thread. He also acts the same as what you're saying very bold rambunctious and very aggressive eater on pellets.

What size is he and how many pellets do you feed him in a feeding or how many parts of the jumbo Carnastick in total?

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Nice!!! Happy for you!

That looks a lot like my medium ATF that I talked about in my thread. He also acts the same as what you're saying very bold rambunctious and very aggressive eater on pellets.

What size is he and how many pellets do you feed him in a feeding or how many parts of the jumbo Carnastick in total?
Thanks. He is about 4" I would say. I just got him yesterday. During his first feeding he took 4 carnisticks(not the jumbo) and was looking for more. Was a little hesitant to feed him more seeing as he was just added. He ate within 2 hours of being acclimated. Love this guy!

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
A few more pics. Really enjoying this guy, still pounding carnisticks and tilapia. Hoping to get some good growth out of this guy as I want to get him in the 125 gallon with my curupira soon. Still a bit too small at this point.20181203_133639.jpg 20181203_133629.jpg 20181203_132112.jpg

Reactions: Matteus and moe214

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Currently in a 55 gal. Hoping to get a few more inches out of him in there and will move him to the 125 gal. Then eventually an 8 x 4.
Sounds like a good plan to me. Seeing he is not skittish is a plus. ATF are prone to ramming themselves into the tanks walls so being that he isn't is a great start. Keep feeding him and u will be able to get him to x2 his size in less them 6 mnths!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store