Finally heading to Florida!

Danyal

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2006
woodland, ca
So Florida has been sort of a bucket list destination since I was a kid, mostly for the herps and then in high school I started watching Saltwater Experience etc. Well in May I'm finally making it to Florida. Starting in Orlando for my first 5~6 days, then renting a car for the last 9 days and working my way down south eventually to the Keys.
I'm bringing an ultralight and medium-light spinning setups, and a snake hook. Also considering picking up a heavier spinning setup if the saltwater fishing warrants it. Would love to accompany anyone along to some fun spots. I've got a few ideas of where to look but of course would love to have some adventures with locals. Definitely hitting the canals around Miami/Ft. Lauderdale for exotics (snakeheads are at the top of the wish list, along with all the cichlids) Cocoa beach and Keys bridges for saltwater.

Reactions: Chub_by

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I'd love to go to the USA and do cichlid fishing.

I keep American cichlids in a large aquarium, I'm myself not a fisherman but my pal who also keeps aquarium fish is a big time fisherman and I said to him if I hit the big time I'm paying for us both to go America and do some cichlid fishing.

I'd would be great to see some cichlids that people have caught

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
Lemme know when your in the Miami/ft Lauderdale area. I can probably put you on some peacock bass, sneakhead, and snook

Danyal

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2006
woodland, ca
dude that peacock is a hog! I'll probably be down to Miami area in about 9 days, would love to go after some snakeheads

newworld

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2008
chicago
Thinking about goin down to fl this wed....fishing is great I like the peacocks but the snakeheads take the cake....

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
dude that peacock is a hog! I'll probably be down to Miami area in about 9 days, would love to go after some snakeheads
Shoot me a pm when your getting to the area if it all works out maybe I can show you a few spots. Got a good spot up near ft lauderdale with some decent peas and snakes m

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
Thinking about goin down to fl this wed....fishing is great I like the peacocks but the snakeheads take the cake....
Idk have youcaught a 5lb+ peacock? They are unbelievabley strong and put up amazing acrobatic and running fights.

Although there is nothing better than having a snakehead absolutely crush your frog

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store