Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
Nice dats ;) I especially like the split bar on the last guy :headbang2

explorer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Singapore
We are seeing a lot of those mini ITs here in Singapore recently. Retails for about USD5 each . Got myself half a dozen recently. Currently keeping them with 2 baby Endicheris birchir in a 2ft tank.

T

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Fish Island
wow thats a really good deal. are u positive that the big dats wont eat the smaller dats?

explorer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Singapore
zennzzo;718026; said:
How long would you say it takes them to get to 6-7" given the proper food and water quality?
Growth rate pretty slow . 10-12 months perhaps from 1.5inch to 6-7inch.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I no longer have the small dats in with the big ones. However, I move them because I was afraid the 12" bichir would eat them , not the larger dats. The short while I had them together the larger ones never even looked at the smaller ones as food and these larger dats will instantly slam any food I throw in the tank.

Im not going to sell these, well at least untill I can find some pulchers!

Explorer, are you sure about that growth rate? I mean 6" in 10 months sounds very fast for dats.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I have at least three that have split bars and one that has a split on both sides!

So far I have only fed the little ones tiny guppies and they all chowed down on that but when I tried froxen plankton most ate but a few did not. My live black worms get here tomorrow so I hope to fatten them up on that a bit.

Seriously though I need some more dats. I have a total of 13 Indos, now I need some Pulchers, NTTs, and NGTs!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store