Finally! (Tex X Fh)

YOOPER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2006
Da U.P.
I finally got my large male tex to breed. The Fh pictured looks rough but she is nice looking when not in breeding dress. They spawned about 1-2 days ago and the eggs look viable. I'm not expecting much out of the first spawn. The female is not spending alot of time fanning (she prefers to let the male guard as she attempts to beat the other tankmates). I'm going on a hunting trip for 10 days so I won't be around to watch them hatch or develop. I should have another batch before Thanksgiving. For everyone that asked, I do have a pure female cyno for the male that is still immature. Once she is ready I'll breed her. As usual, fry are free.;)

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

100_2390.jpg

100_2382.jpg

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
That is AWESOME!! I just got 3 texas x FH from repair. He had one that was a pretty good size that looked totally awesome. I hope the smaller ones that I got look as good.

YOOPER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2006
Da U.P.
Not yet, I just picked her up last weekend so those were my first pics of her. When I get back I'll get some shots of her out of her breeding colors. I just checked the eggs and so far no fungus. I leave Wednesday morning so I may see them hatch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store