Fingernail Clams

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
..was out looking for scuds (found lots) in a lake up near MT Baker and found theses ! i have never found them around here...and only noticed one of the big ones in a pile of mud and grass in my net.

Mr.Collings

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
London
What??? That's awsome!! lol Never seen clams That small in my life!! Crazy!! Mind you, you are in the states.... I'm in Canada, so i guess we just don't have those down here... Or maybe i've just never heard of them :S But either way, i want some!! :D lol

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
yeah ^_^ i put them in my 3.5 gallon for now..they are neat to watch bulldoze the gravel

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
ooh bumping my old thread..

I will be getting more of these soon.....^_^

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
that group made it for about 6 months,
i have heavily planted tank now that gets green water every other week and i like having my lights on for a long time,

so im hoping i can get a small handful and see how they do in the green water.

cichlidtank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2011
bridgeportopia
Just saw some of those at the little lake system were I've been fishing and trapping crayfish. Gonna try some in my cichlid tank, is that bad idea? Do they just filter feed?

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Just saw some of those at the little lake system were I've been fishing and trapping crayfish. Gonna try some in my cichlid tank, is that bad idea? Do they just filter feed?
yes they are souly filter feeders they need allot of green water or particles in the water..iv thought of grinding algae wafers and pellets to a powder,mixing it with water and feeding them with an eye dropper ..but i have not tried this yet.

im going to see how a few of them do with the green water out breaks im having in my 10 gallon....i like leaving my lights on all day.

i have yet to get out to the lake to collect some more of these guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store