Fire Belly Toad and Hermit Crab?

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
nope lol FBT need a vivarium with moss and such, hermit crabs live with sand ya? Hermit crabs can drown also

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
No, the crab will harass the fire belly toad.

rmorse

Gr8 Stalker
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Great Mills, Maryland
Firebelly can emit toxins from the skin, can kill the hermit crab. Hermit crab can pinch/kill the firebelly. Firebelly should not go into salt water. (A hermit crab needs a small dish of salt water in its cage)

No. Bad idea.

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
rmorse;3374102; said:
Firebelly can emit toxins from the skin, can kill the hermit crab. Hermit crab can pinch/kill the firebelly. Firebelly should not go into salt water. (A hermit crab needs a small dish of salt water in its cage)

No. Bad idea.
salt water? is thou sure? crabs that need salt water should be kept in a marine tank. I thought all land hermit crabs were ok with just fresh water?

I just read they may need ..."In addition to fresh water it has been reported that they should also have access to saltwater. Use an artificial seawater mix, but be careful not to mix greater than full-strength as it could burn gills. If the crabs are not going into the saltwater dish try using less salt. Saltwater is especially beneficial to them prior to molting"

lol no info on the specific gravity, hmmm i see that one going wrong lol

rmorse

Gr8 Stalker
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Great Mills, Maryland
Yea, you want a little bowl of salt water. Not alot, just a little bit...

LaneBoy

Feeder Fish
Apr 4, 2017
hmmmmmm interesting, keeping hermit crabs is for children! lol
No. Children should never keep hermit crabs. Ever. Not children's pets, they're just sold like they are. In children's care they die in a few months, in proper care they can live for 10+ years.

Reactions: J. H.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome aboard ☺ Yes I agree there are certain animals that children shouldn't be allowed to raise on the their own without help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store