FIRE EEL EATING TILAPIA

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
You have any problems with fighting among the eels? I have a fire eel and would love to add another and/or a tire track, but I read a lot about them getting aggressive with each other

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
That's great! They can be such picky eaters. I just recently got mine onto market shrimp, krill, and beef heart. They still eat bloodworms too, but I'm really glad they are taking a variety and not just picking through for only bloodworms anymore. Lol

You have any problems with fighting among the eels? I have a fire eel and would love to add another and/or a tire track, but I read a lot about them getting aggressive with each other
I have two fire eels in my 220 that are around 10-12" long and they get along just fine. However, I've had them together since I got them at 4". Before I moved them to the 220 they did have some bouts during feeding time in the smaller tank, but pretty much laid with each other during any other time and got along fine. It was just the feeding time that was occasionally a small issue, but even it wasn't that bad. Now that they're in the 220 they have no issues with each other and even during feeding time they swim all over each other without care. Only time will tell if they decide to get more aggressive when they're older.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
I have 3 tanks of spiny eels small and large and they all fight. The aggression is never bad or constant.

Bfishin3

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2019
I had a 9 in tire track and got a 7in fire eel and put them in the same tank. They were fine for about a month and then the tire track starting attacking the fire eel. I had to separate them. Just depends on the eels, size of tank and number of hiding spots

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store