Fire Eel favourite place

F3l1ss

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
UK
Is it a bare bottom tank? Just looks it from the photo. What other place you got for it to hide?

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
There is a very big driftwood that he hides in the night..

The wavemaker he is usually there only day time or evening.... he only started hanging out there when I change to a bigger wavemaker

Yup it's a bare bottom tank

F3l1ss

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
UK
They're natural behaviour is to hide a lot of the time, at least when they're smaller.
It might be nicer for your eel if you provided at least a couple of options to hide, especially as it doesn't have sand to bury in.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
They're natural behaviour is to hide a lot of the time, at least when they're smaller.
It might be nicer for your eel if you provided at least a couple of options to hide, especially as it doesn't have sand to bury in.
The driftwood comprises of 2 pieces joined like a pyramid with holes all round the bottom with a total length of 3ft and slightly more than 1 ft depth

But I understand what you mean, still trying to look for nice driftwood to complement the tank. If I find a piece or 2 I be sure to add it

Thanks for the advice

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
I bought 5 inch diameter bamboo and filled the bottom with gravel to weigh it down, I cut a few 3inch holes in it with a hole saw and cable tied the top to the rim of the tank so it looks like it just rests at 45 degrees in the tank, my eel sits in there a lot of the day.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I bought 5 inch diameter bamboo and filled the bottom with gravel to weigh it down, I cut a few 3inch holes in it with a hole saw and cable tied the top to the rim of the tank so it looks like it just rests at 45 degrees in the tank, my eel sits in there a lot of the day.

Can show picture?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store