Fire eel trying to go into sponge filter. [PetZoneSD $35 Fire Eels Inside]

PartyHacks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2019
Man these things are frustrating. Caught him thrashing around during the night trying to swim into the sponge filter's tube (where the bubbles come out)
IMG_3306.PNG

Keep in mind this is the largest of the 3 I recieved today coming in at 13"

Got 3 Today From PetZoneSD.com for 35 Each. That is the cheapest I have seen in a long time for "large" fire eels (especially online)

XL ("roughly 12") 2 around 10" and 1 very thick 13"

The thick 13" is fearless and has amazing markings. I am very excited about them. Already splashing around trying to escape. Tells me they are healthy eels I suppose.

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
Very cheap for a nice fire eel, easily 100+ in my area. I’ve caught mine sticking his head out of one end of the power head and the tail out the other ? I’m not even sure how he was able to power through the flow of an fx6. Lucky for you he seems to be thick enough to not get himself in total danger like that

PartyHacks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hey just to give an update, all is well! The little one found its way in hereIMG_3314.JPG

Saw some fighting between them. it was because the smaller one wanted to share a pvc pipe with the larger ones and that just didnt work. Adding more hiding spots tomorrow, any recomendations ?

PartyHacks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2019
UPDATE OKAY NOW THEY ARE JUST WAY TOO BIG TO BOTH BE IN THERE LOL.
Very cheap for a nice fire eel, easily 100+ in my area. I’ve caught mine sticking his head out of one end of the power head and the tail out the other ? I’m not even sure how he was able to power through the flow of an fx6. Lucky for you he seems to be thick enough to not get himself in total danger like that
LOL they are ridiculous

Check my last reply and then watch this.. The big one needs to decide whether he wants to live with the small one or not! good thing I have two of those volcanos if needed.

My bichir is as mindblown about it as we are

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Any update on those guys?

PartyHacks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2019
Any update on those guys?
Have not seen them eat at all. That's to be expected though. Some aggression between the 2 fire eels, although that seems to have subsided.

Stay hidden most of the time, but really, it's been smooth sailing! They are relatively active for fire eels

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store