Fire Eel. White spots or markings on under side.

Fireell

Feeder Fish
Oct 19, 2021
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every month
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
These marks change daily. They move around. Get bigger get smaller. In general on the past month since I first noticed them they have gotten way worse. Any ideas folks i see other similar strings mentioning the heater and the pleco. But I never see her near the heater and its just to consistent. And the pleco I had a large one and just took it out and have a smaller one now and issue has been consistent with both plecos.

Fireell

Feeder Fish
Oct 19, 2021
I did test my water and it looks like my nitrates are around 50 and nitrite is very low.

Screenshot_20211019-111405_Video Player.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would increase ur water changes to 50% once week or twice a week. Depends on nitrates. Keep nitrates below 20ppm.

Reactions: Fireell

Fireell

Feeder Fish
Oct 19, 2021
I will start with 25 weekly or by weekly. The reason i was only doing 25% monthly was because my parrot fish start to gasp at the surface when i do to large a water change. So do u think i should start with more frequent smaller changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store