Fire mouth cichlids fry keep them in or take them out

Tonyo373

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2017
Today I came home from work to see a bunch of fry and my fire mouth cichlids guarding them I'm not sure if I should pull them out or keep them in there with some jack Dempseys and Texas cichlid and some jewels can some 1 give me an opinion on this

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
In my experience with first time breeding cichlids is the fry will shortly disappear. They(parents) improve with experience.

I guess I'm suggesting that you remove them. Watch the parents closely afterwards. I did this to Jaguar cichlids and the male beat up the female.

Tonyo373

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2017
In my experience with first time breeding cichlids is the fry will shortly disappear. They(parents) improve with experience.

I guess I'm suggesting that you remove them. Watch the parents closely afterwards. I did this to Jaguar cichlids and the male beat up the female.
Thanks for the heads up I was thinking about taking them out just so there's a better survival rate

Tonyo373

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2017
How is this turning out?
It's been crazy I ended up pulling them out cause every chance the dempseys had they would take a few with every pass.i had trouble pulling them out cause of plants and the parents had many pockets and caves to hide them. I was able to get about 100 of them but my electric blue acara has about another 100 plus my golden sevrum are laying to....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store