First aquarium related injury

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Little *** *******(Ok, censor, he's a rectum.) severum bit me! All I was trying to do was unclog a filter intake, not like it's something important like his life support system or anything!

Hehe, almost 20 years of having tanks and I've never really been bitten by a fish enough to leave a mark. Startled me and I splashed water everywhere, almost fell off the ladder.
Pretty sure it was this red spotted severum on the right here. Him and the other male have been trying to breed for years. With the record high temps lately overheating the tank they've been getting more active and aggressive. Chasing everything away from the rocks on the left.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Haha. Ouch!
Good you’re not keeping piranhas....

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Ouch, I had a clown fish who used to bite me every time I would clean his tank, but to small to leave a mark.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I remember the first and only time my fish got me thus far (and actually made me bleed) was my old P.Polleni...

I was cleaning his tank and didnt realize my pinky was just below the water line and he got me good...

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I used to dangle my finger in my gar tank out of curiosity on what it would feel like. I always chickened out.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
I think I just committed a hate crime. I punched the homosexual anus couple a few times while doing a water change today. When I do a water change I like to pull the Jebao wavemaker off the glass and blow out any debris behind the rocks and they kept trying to bite me. Swearing and threatening them didn't do any good.

To be fair, trying to punch them didn't help much either, at least as well as I can in in water. But they did back off a bit.

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store