( First of there kind) Free Swimming Dovii X Rose Queen hybrids (first ever)

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
Those are perfect shipping size and spring is here i would like to get a handful of fry. IME with the dovii and jag they eat leftover fry when spawning so i would get them out.

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
Those are perfect shipping size and spring is here i would like to get a handful of fry. IME with the dovii and jag they eat leftover fry when spawning so i would get them out.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Nice job with them so far. I feel like many of them will look more like dad since the dovii is the pure species and the queen is the hybrid. Time will tell and Im excited to see what these little guys are going to turn into.

Reactions: MrDuckBootz

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Nice job with them so far. I feel like many of them will look more like dad since the dovii is the pure breed species and the queen is the hybrid. Time will tell and Im excited to see what these little guys are going to turn into.

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
would putting gravel in the fry tank make there colors better? because the fry in with the parents are getting more colors, there starting to have some red/pink in there top fin and i can't see much color on the ones in the 20?

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
If you put gravel in the fry tank it will make it harder for them to get food. A lot of what they eat will be off a sponge or off the substrate. You'll find the ones with the parents will grow faster too because they're eating leftovers from them instead of crushed food / bloodworms. Give them some time and they'll show some colors. They're still tiny. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store