( First of there kind) Free Swimming Dovii X Rose Queen hybrids (first ever)

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
There about an inch now and are getting colors so there big enough that I'm going to start selling them to make room for the next batch. What do u guys think I should price them at? Cuz this is the first time I've sold fish and I'm pretty sure that there the first of the kind so I have no idea what to price them at. The dovii was 9$ and the RQ was 75$

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Where are you located at? The issue you'll run into is that unless you ship the number of people who are going to be interested in a hybrid like that are probably pretty limited. I wouldn't ask too much for them if it was me. Maybe $5-7 ea and a qty discount if purchasing 10+.

Reactions: cwj108

cwj108

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I agree, they are first of their kind so right now its more trial and error as far as how things will go with them. Once they have established themselves as far as looks, health, fertility, that sort of thing, thats what could drive price up or down. From a business stand point, when a product is new to the market, sales reps typically give samples or discounted rates to get the word/product out there to the customer. Once the product is proved to be liked and a demand is created, price is driven by the supply and the demand.

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
I would grow them out for myself to see how they turn out. If they turn out nice, they'll sell themselves. It will definitely take time. If they turn out to not be so nice, you're just introducing more crap hybrids. It is an interesting hybrid and many of us are interested to see how they'll turn out.

Reactions: MrDuckBootz

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
Yea there mean as **** I had to take out like 60 of the ones left in the 220 and put them in the 20 cuz they were stressing my dovii out by biting his fins

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store