First time tank builder looking for insight

XSESV

Feeder Fish
Jun 24, 2020
Hello MFK!

I am completely new to big fish tanks and wanted some opinions before I pulled the trigger on ordering glass.

The current plan is a 72 in. wide *24 in. tall *30 in. deep which will equal about 210 gallons or so. It will consist of 1/2 in. Starphire glass in the front and side panels and the back and bottom panel will be 1/2 inch clear (should I go 3/4 on the bottom?).

My main questions begin with eurobracing and overflow for the tank. I'm planning on eurobracing it at the top all around the tank with 2-3 in. wide glass. I had originally planned on drilling the bottom and putting in a weir by the edge in back middle of the tank. However I'm worried the eurobrace will get in the way and make it hard to install and maintain the overflow pipes because the glass will be right over them. I also asked and do have the option of getting an edge cut on the back glass piece. I was thinking if I went the edge cut piece route it would be 12 in. by 2 or 3 in. tall. But I am not sure how that would work with eurobracing or if there is something I'm not thinking of. What do you all think would be best or is there some other option that would be better?

Sorry for the lengthy post and thank you for your help!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store