Fish are growing!

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
Most of the crew. There's two 10 inch azul bass, 10 inch temensis, 8 inch flagtail prochilodus, 8.5 inch distichodus atroventralis, 14 and 11 inch Zebrina pike, 11 inch gold knife. What is hiding are a 10 inch L-14 golden pleco and a 6 inch L-240 vampire pleco. Still have a Tigrinus to add once it gets bigger.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thank you for that indeed.

This is the first time I've learned and seen this Distichodus species.

In general, does it bother timid tank mates?

Reactions: tlindsey

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
The yellowish fish with the black stripes are Zebrina pikes. The distichodus atroventralis has left it's tank mates alone for the most part. But every once in awhile it will take a bite out of the clown knifes tail.
How long has the distichodus lived with the clown knife? Which fish in the dominant fish in the tank?

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
How long has the distichodus lived with the clown knife? Which fish in the dominant fish in the tank?
They've lived together for a year or so. It started out the distichodus atroventralis was dominant over the knife but now I think the dominant fish is the knife. But honestly there's really not any scuffling going on it the tank. They all get along well.

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
They've lived together for a year or so. It started out the distichodus atroventralis was dominant over the knife but now I think the dominant fish is the knife. But honestly there's really not any scuffling going on it the tank. They all get along well.
Any idea how large this species of distichodus grow out to? Where did you find it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store