Fish jumping from pond??

Peacock_bass

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2018
What are people doing for pond tops with fish that can jump out. . I'm working on a pond project and want something nice looking to keep fish from jumping out. Its going to be 8' round pond.

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
I use a pond netting to cover my fiberglass tank. I got it on ebay. I attach it using those 3m clips but instead if the sticky pads they come with i decided to glue them in place every 12" or so. Been in use for over a yr now. Has a few tears most likey from the aro grabbing any bugs that land in it. I cut the netting to fit with extra that folds over the sides. Easy to secure and to remove if necessary. The mesh is fine enough that when i view it from my wifi cameras it looks as if there is nothing there....I did order a new one. Waiting for it to arrive. Its cheap and effective imo. My tank is 1500 gal..8 ft cylinder thats 4 ft tall. Made of 1/2" fiberglass with a 4x2 window.

• Love
Reactions: Matteus

Peacock_bass

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2018
I use a pond netting to cover my fiberglass tank. I got it on ebay. I attach it using those 3m clips but instead if the sticky pads they come with i decided to glue them in place every 12" or so. Been in use for over a yr now. Has a few tears most likey from the aro grabbing any bugs that land in it. I cut the netting to fit with extra that folds over the sides. Easy to secure and to remove if necessary. The mesh is fine enough that when i view it from my wifi cameras it looks as if there is nothing there....I did order a new one. Waiting for it to arrive. Its cheap and effective imo. My tank is 1500 gal..8 ft cylinder thats 4 ft tall. Made of 1/2" fiberglass with a 4x2 window.
Thanks! Yeah the view into the pond is one of the things I’m worried about. I want to be able to see in it nicely without having to take covers off. I’ll have to look that netting up.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I’m having a hard time imagining this. Can you show us photos please??

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
I WANT ONE! NICE! Where did you get the tank?
Thanks bud...its from a place in miami florida called dolphin fiberglass. They make alot of diff sizes and shapes. Viktor( the bigger the better) or The Fish Story, his 4500 gals are from them as well as predatory fins 12k gal is too. Google thar name and u will find their website.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store