Fish missing scales

fishy_mike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
San Diego
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if you could help me out. A bunch of my fish have been missing some scales and been acting very shy. At first, I thought that it may be because of some aggressive tankmates, but after taking my rainbows out for a week to a hospital tank, their wounds have been somewhat healing, but they are still in the same condition after 2 treatments of tetracycline and one of erythromycin.

After that week, both my gouramis were also showing the same problem with missing scales, basically patches of their skin that are missing.

I've treated them with
erythromycin and tetracycline (2 full cycles)
pimafix and melafix to control.

here is a picture:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/obQp-O4u-aJf4T-JyZx2aQ

does any one have any other suggestions? I could really use it as I'm out of ideas.

Thanks.

fishy_mike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
San Diego
Before separating everyone in the 60 gal:

8 in sailfin gibby pleco
5 in leopard perch
4 4-5 in clown loaches
2 4 in bosemani rainbows
1 5 in kissing gourami
1 4 in opaline gourami

then, i took the rainbows out for a week and dosed with two treatments of tetracycline. healed up some, but still missing scales and some sores still open

then, i noticed the kissing gourami having red sores? / missing scales, so removed from 60 gal tank to same hospital tank as rainbows. one more treatment of tetracycline, and a treatment of erythromycin.

now my opaline in the 60 gal is also missing scales and the pleco too, I think.

thoughts?

fishy_mike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
San Diego
Thanks for the reply.

I also assumed that its the catfish, but I already removed 2 rainbows and one gourami from the tank to their own tank and they still aren't fully healed after 2+ weeks.

I've tried Erythromycin, which is the main ingredient to maracyn for one full treatment already without much better results.

Are you recommendating maracyn or maracyn 2?

Thanks, Mike

-arowana-

Feeder Fish
Oct 17, 2008
U.S.
marcyn 2, sorry about forgetin the 2. Listen its not a fungus, not a parasite, water para r good(right), that leaves bacteria, n the scales fallin off sounds like a symptom of internal bacteria, try marcyn 2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store